FleshFactor: writhing inside the mystery

Throughout this FleshFactor debate a very traditional wall has been
maintained which separates the "mind" from the "outer world." Even those
who have challenged that wall (this Wiggler included) have unwittingly
reinforced it as a metaphor. There is certainly a game we all play in which
we talk loosely and professionally about the "objective world" even as we
will question it over a beer.

If anything has been achieved in FleshFactor, it is a slight evaporation
of that wall. The cyborg and the internet have led many traditional
empiricists to recognize that machines, culture, and nature are all
merging in a great bubbling foam of feedback loops. We are writhing inside
the mystery, not standing above it.

As this dialogue has occurred largely among Westerners, I cannot help but
wonder if Lao Tsu is doing a little jig in his grave.

It's been fun.

-Ebon Fisher   <alula@interport.net>

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

                Ebon Fisher
                NERVE CIRCLE CREATIONS
                alula@interport.net

phone/Ireland:  011-44-1504-268-768