Prix Ars Electronica Entry Details
Prix Ars Electronica 2015
To participate in the Prix Ars Electronica, you must register online and submit all mandatory information online. A submission is complete and formally entered in the competition only if all information has been entered online and the submission has been finalized online. An entry confirmation will be sent out via e-mail as soon as all required documentation has been received.
Start Online Submission: January 14, 2015
[Extended] Online Submission Deadline: March 15, 2015 (23:59 PST)
- A work may be entered in only one category. An artist may submit more than one work.
- Entrants are requested not to submit irreplaceable originals since submitted materials cannot be returned.
- In addition to the general entry details and rules, special entry rules apply to each individual category.
- If your entry is awarded a prize or receives a Honorary Mention, your material will be used for the catalog, DVD (CD) and the Prix Ars Electronica website (see Rights), so we ask you to prepare your picture and text material carefully.
- Employees of the organizers, sponsors and patrons of the Prix Ars Electronica, staff members of organizations that have established and endowed an individual category, as well as the competition’s jurors are ineligible to participate.
- If you send in additional material pertaining to your submission via post, please mail it by the submission deadline (date of postmark is determinative) to:
Ars Electroncia Linz GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria
Code: Prix “Category (e.g. Interactive Art)”
Works can be nominated online for prize consideration in the individual competition categories until March 6, 2015.
Public Nominations are recommendations; thus, nominated projects are not automatically entered in the competition. The nominated artists will be contacted by the organizer before the jury convenes. Then, projects must be formally submitted by the artists themselves prior to the entry deadline and in accordance with all competition criteria in order to be entered in the competition.
April 16-19, 2015
Winners of Golden Nicas, Awards of Distinction and Honorary Mentions will be notified before end of May, 2015. (Ars Electronica only notificate in case the project is selected the prize.)
The Prix Ars Electronica 2015 awards presentation will take place during the Ars Electronica Festival 2015 in Linz(September 3-7, 2015).
Winners of Golden Nicas and Awards of Distinction must make a commitment to accepting their awards in person and to presenting their works at the Prix Ars Electronica Forum, an artist symposium. Groups and institutions are requested to nominate a representative to fulfill this commitment. As guests of Ars Electronica, winners will receive complementaryhotel and economy class airline tickets for their trip to Linz.
Ars Electronica Linz GmbH
4040 Linz, Austria
Code: Prix “Category”(e.g. Interactive Art)