FleshFactor: endtime

this conversation is happening in a secret end time - the fin de millenium
is our construct - the universe is not aware (or is it) that we have
marked this event space in which to play out our terminal fears....and we
continue to use languages (themselves constructed) which support this
rush to the slaughter, this sacrificial end zone where (according to the
hype) we frame our own future (or past, whatever way you want to look at
it) within this language - flesh has always been a contested zone
(whatever the color, texture, geographic, ideological, political,
diseased, fragmented, tampered - of it) -- it has always been meat (before
Gibson), war has shown us that - and was elevated to something else by the
media - added to the meat are the more recent binary images/DNA codes -
the post industrial/post human/transhuman/post feminist/post AIDS body is
a body colonised, a body contested not only by the media but by
corporations and technology, we walk around with all kinds of body images
in our thoughts..moveable information storers..everyone has some film in
their head.....information is the new currency...if your body produces
nothing but shit, then you are just meat....you must produce
information...this is the fleshfactor...this skin of information...this
rant...the constructed fiction......

julie clarke   <j.clarke-powell@pgrad.unimelb.edu.au>