FleshFactor: RE: Re: re: We're in record.

Grayson Cooke wrote:

>I guess I just have one question this time: why is it in any way GOOD that
>we "can be more lazy about the whole thing"?

I am not gaining any intellectual satisfaction from reprogramming my VCR
every week to tape Startrek. And some weeks I even forget to program it.
I'm not saying that my VCR should order ME to watch Startrek. All I'm
saying is that it should be smart enough to recognize the pattern in my
behavior and offer to automate the weekly taping for me.

Pattie

Pattie Maes <pattie@media.mit.edu>
Associate Professor
MIT Media Laboratory