You can submit your work in Interactive Art + for Prix Ars Electronica 2018. This year (2017), the open categories are: Computer Animation/Film/VFX, Digital Musics & Sound Art, Hybrid Art and u19 – CREATE YOUR WORLD. Please come back next year if your work does not fit in one of the open categories.
The “Interactive Art +” category is dedicated to interactive works in all forms and formats, from installations to performances. At the top of the agenda is artistic quality in the development and design of the interaction as well as a harmonious dialog between the content level and the interaction level—that is, the inherent principles of interaction and the interfaces that implement them. Of particular interest is the sociopolitical relevance of the interaction as manifested by its innate potential to expand the scope of human action. Jurors are looking forward to encountering innovative technological concepts blended with superbly effective design (usability).
In response to the increasing diversity of artistic works and methods, a “+” has been added to this category’s name. This is meant to signify that the category is also receptive to new experiments and broadened interpretations of interactive art.
What should you enter?
- installations, performances
- audience participation
- network projects, telepresence and -communication
- virtual reality, augmented reality
- innovative interfaces, robotics, software, apps
Who can submit an entry?
- It is a prerequisite that the projects have already been realized to the extent that they may be judged on the basis of a documentation.
- The work entered must have been created, realized or significantly updated within the last two years.
- Participants may be individuals, groups, institutions, companies etc.
- Exclusively commercially oriented activities in the sense of product advertisement are excluded.
The following materials are needed for the submission. Please note, that the Jury’s decision will be primarily based on the video documentation.
- Video documentation (approx. 3 min.) via upload
- Images of the work (JPG, TIF, BMP, PNG (at maximum quality. Compressed file (like .zip .lzh file) is not acceptable.)
- Detailed description of the artistic concept, form of interaction and technical realization (Since a presentation of an outstanding interactive work naturally also depends on the technical requirements for on-site realization, please include information that is as specific as possible about technical (Hardware/Software) and spatial requirements, as well as what you could contribute to a presentation of your work and what would need to be provided by the Ars Electronica.)
- A portrait photo and biography of the artist(s)
- Optional: additional material (images/documents(PDF)/drawings(JPG, PDF))
All entries will be judged by a Jury of experts in the order of their arrival.
In addition to the works entered by participants, each Jury may also nominate other works.