2. 9. – 11. 9.
The Japan Media Arts Festival has been held annually since 1997. It showcases and honors outstanding work in the fields of art, entertainment, animation and manga. The ROBOT-ISM exhibition held in collaboration with the Ars Electronica is an attempt to trace the history of robot animation from the 1960s to the present day, featuring its development in animation and its influence on art and technology. A selection of animations from the latest Japan Media Arts Festival is shown at the Ars Electronica Animation Festival.
- Transition of Robot Anime
- Storyboard by Mr. Kanada Yoshinori
- Full-scale Gundam
- Plastic model of Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight
- Armored Core for Answer
- Gundam I: The Movie
- Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow
- Gundam III: Encounters in Space
- Zeta Gundam A New Translation: Heirs to the Stars
- Zeta Gundam A New Translation II: Lovers
- Zeta Gundam A New Translation III: Love is the Pulse of the Stars
- Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
- Short movies program